NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR: Naked Heat has sold almost 120,000 copies and debuted at #7 on the New York Times list in its first week. Heat Wave reached #6 on the New York Times list in hardcover. It also spent many weeks on the USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Indie Bound bestseller lists, and hit the New York Times list in mass market and has more than 250,000 copies in print.
STRONG AUDIOBOOK SALES: Naked Heat has sold almost 7,000 CDs to date.
ABC SYNERGY: Castle main character Richard Castle “wrote” both Heat Wave and Naked Heat and both books are referenced very often on the show. The show's producer and writer, Andrew Marlowe, continues to work with our writer, and has plans to integrate this third book into the show beginning in the Spring of 2011.
GREAT PROMOTION BY ABC MARKETING: ABC Marketing heavily supported both the digital download and the physical book of both Heat Wave and Naked Heat. This included:
· Chapter downloads each week available on ABC.com: http://abc.go.com/shows/castle/naked-heat
· Inclusion in newsletters sent to subscribers
· Placement on the ABC.com homepage
· Placement on the ABC/Castle page on Facebook.com
· Lower-third/credit squeeze placement during original episodes of Castle
· First chapter booklet included in Season Two of Castle DVD Boxed Set
· Sizzle reel with authors talking about Richard Castle and the book which we used with the etailers and for promotion
ONE MORE UPCOMING CASTLE AUDIOBOOK: We will be publishing the fourth audiobook in the series in Fall 2012.