Filled with mouthwatering recipes, beautiful photographs, and scenes from some of the most vibrant restaurants in America today, The New Brooklyn Cookbook celebrates the wave of culinary energy that has transformed this thriving borough and infused its kitchens and dining rooms with passion, vigor, and big flavors. Starring the trail-blazing chefs and entrepreneurs who made it all happen, this gorgeous book helps readers recreate the signature dishes of Brooklyn in the comfort of their own kitchens.
With enthusiasm and insight, husband-and-wife duo Melissa and Brendan Vaughan highlight the “new” tastes of Brooklyn, including:
- Steak and Eggs Korean Style, The Good Fork
- Cast Iron Chicken, Vinegar Hill House
- Tofu with Broad Beans and Chili Bean Paste, The General Greene
- Spaghetti Alla Vongole, Al Di Là
- Swordfish with Sauteed Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Corn and Kohlrabi Salad, Avocado Aioli, Rosewater
- Beef Sauerbraten with Braised Red Cabbage and Pretzel Dumplings, Prime Meats
- Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae, Buttermilk Channel
- Hoppy American Brown Ale—Homebrew Recipe, Sixpoint Cragt Ales Brewery
The Vaughans also profile some of Brooklyn’s best food makers and purveyors, from cheesemakers and picklers to chocolatiers and bakers, giving readers an inside look at the ingredients behind their favorite restaurant dishes and the food culture that supports their creation.